As a product manager, it's crucial to consider implementing product feedback software to address the challenge of efficiently collecting and managing user feedback. Without such a tool, you may currently face the issue of scattered and unorganized feedback, making it difficult to identify critical user needs and prioritize feature improvements effectively.
And although it’s absolutely possible to track all feedback with spreadsheets, it’s not exactly an ideal method to use as poor processes can become chaotic and unusable.
What is product feedback software?
Product feedback software refers to a specialized category of software tools designed to help product managers collect, analyze, and act upon feedback from users and stakeholders. The tool does this by automating the feedback-collecting process and turning it into data you and your teams can analyze and provide a better customer experience.
These tools are invaluable for understanding customer needs, improving product features, and making data-driven decisions to enhance the overall product experience.
UserGuiding is a product walkthrough and user onboarding software designed to facilitate the creation of interactive product walkthroughs and user onboarding processes. It stands out for its code-free approach, allowing companies to design and implement onboarding experiences without the need for technical programming skills, which is a significant advantage for businesses looking to onboard users efficiently.
UserGuiding provides a comprehensive suite of features that facilitate the collection of user feedback through NPS surveys and in-app surveys. What makes UserGuiding different is its emphasis on micro-surveys that can collect quick feedback from the customer and display the resulting data in real time within the tool.
You can select the ready-to-use templates or create the survey you need from scratch in under 5 minutes. Once you have collected enough information, you can download the data to your computer so you can manipulate it in other software.
NPS surveys let you collect feedback that is more related to customer sentiment. An analytics page will display the resulting information and you can dig deep to find specific user behaviors with the user-specific activity feed. Additionally, you can leverage its Slack integration to receive in-app notifications with responses.
Integrations include Mixpanel, Segment, Intercom, Slack, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Woopra, and HubSpot.
SurveyLegend is a web-based platform designed to create, distribute, and analyze surveys, forms, and polls. It distinguishes itself by offering a suite of features that focus on creating visually engaging and interactive questionnaires, which can be a key factor in increasing response rates and obtaining quality feedback.
I chose SurveyLegend as product feedback software because it provides a user-friendly platform for creating visually engaging surveys that are accessible on any device. What makes SurveyLegend different is its emphasis on design and user experience, with mobile-friendly surveys and a variety of sharing options, including social media, email, and SMS. I believe SurveyLegend is best for visually engaging surveys due to its ability to effortlessly design and configure surveys that capture attention and get responses.
SurveyLegend provides a comprehensive set of tools for survey creation and management, allowing users to construct surveys with an intuitive drag-and-drop interface and no coding required. It supports multilingual surveys, including right-to-left languages, and offers a variety of question types and fields, such as text, choice, and media options.
SurveyLegend integrates with Google Sheets, enabling users to automatically send survey data to a spreadsheet. It also integrates with Mailchimp, allowing for the automatic population of email lists with survey data. Additionally, SurveyLegend can generate leads in Salesforce by capturing survey responses as leads.
SurveySparrow is an advanced and customizable product feedback software offering a broad range of question types and an intuitive user interface, making it easier to create and deploy surveys. It helps businesses and organizations easily collect customer feedback, measure satisfaction levels, and gauge user experiences and preferences. Users can customize surveys with various branding options, images, and videos to create engaging, user-friendly surveys with high response rates. It also offers a unique conversational interface that resembles an actual conversation, making the survey-taking experience more engaging and interactive for respondents. Furthermore, these surveys are optimized for mobile devices, making it more convenient for customers to provide feedback on the go.
The platform gives feedback options such as NPS, CSAT, or CES, which help understand customer feedback depending on their expectations. It allows users to distribute surveys via email, SMS, web links, and social media. The flexibility to distribute surveys through multiple channels makes it easier to reach a broader audience and collect more feedback. The platform provides real-time analytics and reporting, making tracking survey responses and analyzing results easier. Companies can view answers in real time, create reports in various formats, and compare survey results over time. The software also offers survey benchmarks that allow users to collate results with industry standards.
SurveySparrow offers various automation features, making it simpler to automate surveys and save time. Users can set up email reminders, automate follow-up surveys, and trigger surveys based on customer behavior. The software follows industry-standard protocols such as SSL encryption, data backups, and data recovery to ensure the safety and privacy of user data.
It integrates with Zapier, which can connect with many other software applications, including Salesforce, Trello, and HubSpot. This provides the ability to automate workflows, save time, and increase efficiency.
Pricing starts at $19 per month, and a free 14-day trial is available.
Qualaroo lets small to large businesses create target surveys and add them to your product so you can collect real-time feedback from your customers. Product managers can also send surveys through channels such as e-mail, links, and social media to understand their customers’ experience with their products. The platform’s built-in, AI-based sentiment analysis engine can analyze your feedback data in real time and channel the insights into your improvement strategies.
Qualaroo has the ability to test design prototypes by adding surveys directly into a product design template. You can ask specific questions to customers and gauge how your product will perform when you launch it. The goal of this feature is to get an understanding while your customers are using your product to provide you with the most relevant insights.
Key features include access controls/permissions, activity dashboard, activity tracking, alerts/notifications, anonymous feedback, API, churn management, collaboration tools, and communication management.
Qualaroo integrates with tools such as Tableau, Salesforce, Zapier, Intercom, Hubspot, Slack, and Mailchimp.
Qualaroo costs from $100/month when paying monthly or $80/month when billed annually. It also comes with a 15-day free trial.
- Customizable features for various surveys.
- The nudge feature allows users to check on customers.
- Easy to learn.
- The free trial offers minimal features.
- It can be expensive for smaller businesses.
Pendo helps businesses collect customer requests from their applications without interrupting their experience. Small and medium businesses, as well as large enterprises, can utilize this cloud-based platform. Internal teams can also implement requests on the customer’s behalf and submit their own feedback. The platform is a comprehensive solution for analytics, customer onboarding, and in-app feedback.
Pendo is an analytics tool you can use to track your customers’ activities and understand how they’re using your product. The information the platform provides can help product managers make crucial product decisions, track how customers are adopting features, and monitor behavior. You can use Pendo to request feature suggestions from your customers and allow them to browse feature ideas, vote, and add their ideas using a feedback form. Your team can analyze these results to determine which features are popular or valued by customers.
Features include sentiment analysis, in-app walkthroughs, targetted messanging, feedback surveys, customer roadmaps, and reporting.
Pendo integrates with various third-party applications, such as Calendly, Hubspot, Salesforce Sales Cloud, Slack, Zapier, and Zendesk.
Pendo offers custom pricing upon request. But they do offer a free plan for one web application, as well as one iOS and one Android mobile app, and up to 500 active users per month.
- Allows users to develop messages without needing any technical knowledge.
- Trigger messages based on specific events and activities.
- Establish sentiment feedback by asking hyper-specific questions.
- Expensive for start-ups.
- The onboarding process can be lengthy.
UserVoice is a popular choice for large enterprise businesses that require a simple voting platform to understand what their customers want to see in their applications. It’s a feedback application that helps users create centralized spaces to allow their customers to provide product suggestions, feature update requests, and new ideas. You can also use UserVoice’s survey prompts to target specific user groups to understand their experience with your product.
UserVoice’s solutions are capable of helping product managers collect and organize feedback from various sources. Your users can submit their feedback and requests through website widgets, dedicated portals, and forums your team can embed in your native apps. The platform then translates this information into measurable and actionable insights your teams can use to improve your product. You can also prioritize feature requests using qualitative data and user votes in combination with quantitative analytics that incorporates NPS, segmentation, customer spending, and other user data.
Key features include analytics, customer management, and e-mail integration.
UserVoice integrates with the systems your currently using, such as Fullstory, Salesforce, Gainsight, Slack, and Jira.
UserVoice costs from $199/month when paying month-to-month or $169/month when billed annually. The platform also offers a 21-day free trial.
- Internal dashboard promotes cross-departmental collaboration.
- Easily identify the most requested features.
- Teams can show users what you’re currently working on.
- Expensive for most businesses.
- It can be difficult to export data.
Productboard helps businesses prioritize customer feedback and feature requests by collecting this information and displaying it on a single board. Start-ups, small-to-medium businesses, enterprises, and agencies can use the platform to extract feature requests, prioritize what to build, and engage with customers. You can use it to manage product development, marketing, and launch activities from one place.
Productboard combines user feedback voting with feature prioritization and roadmaps. The roadmap it develops uses customer feedback data to help product managers get teams on board with the roadmap they will be used to implement new features. Your roadmap can provide in-depth strategic criteria to help you make prioritization decisions and visualize how features can support your product and objectives.
Key features include customer management, data export, data import, external integrations, Gantt charts, API, multi-user, notifications, project management, task scheduling/tracking, prioritization, and roadmapping.
Productboard integrates with other applications to consolidate your data, such as Salesforce, Slack, Microsoft Teams, Zapier, Intercom, and Zendesk.
Productboard costs from $25/user/month when paying month-to-month or $20/user/month when billed yearly. The platform also offers a 15-day free trial.
- Easy to set up and use.
- Partial data segmentation based on customer profiles.
- Roadmaps keep teams informed and engaged.
- Limited integrations
- Not possible to segment data according to most attributes, such as MRR.
Usersnap helps small to large businesses collect new ideas and hear what the customers want to develop customer-centric products. Your customers can use screen and video recordings as well as screenshots to submit feedback and suggestions to your teams. Product managers can see all feedback in one location to easily analyze it for feature prioritization.
Usersnap’s bug-tracking features help your customer experience, tech support, and product teams resolve customers’ pain points. It does this by allowing your customers to alert your teams when they find bugs and product issues. The platform helps businesses make it easier to get the insights they require to improve their product.
Key features include brand design consistency, bug history, collaboration, data retention, device responsiveness, feedback aggregation, feedback collection, photo submission, real-time action, real-time analysis, security, sorting, survey deployment, surveys, system monitoring, text/notes, trigger alerts, video interview, and video snippets.
Usersnap integrates with over 5,000 third-party applications to enhance your product feedback processes, such as Zendesk, Slack, Intercom, Zapier, Asana, and Jira.
Usersnap costs from $99/month when paying month-to-month or $69/month when billed annually.
- Publish feedback to track suggestions.
- Dashboards and reports allow users to analyze trends.
- Teams can collaborate to respond to customers.
- Lacks advanced analysis features
- Needs more options for feedback widget customization.
Mopinion helps digital enterprises of all sizes get an overview of vital feedback metrics, such as NPS, customer effort score, and customer satisfaction. It enables product managers and teams to analyze their customers’ behavior and create effective strategies to improve experiences. Your teams can use proactive alerts and role-based views to collaborate with each other and connect this information with a project management tool to act on customer feedback.
Mopinion allows users to build, design, and configure feedback forms through its easy-to-use interface. You can also target these forms to specific customer groups to get insights into why they might not be converting. Product teams can visualize the incoming feedback data in customizable dashboards and charts for analysis.
Key features include 2-factor authentication, A/B testing, analytics, API, calendar management, contact management, customer management, dashboard, data export, data import, data visualization, e-mail integration, external integrations, Google apps integration, link tracking, marketing automation, multi-user, notifications, scheduling, third-party plugins/add-ons, order management, template designer, and net promoter score.
Mopinion integrates with various applications to help expand your possibilities, such as Slack, Google Analytics, Jira, Salesforce, and Hubspot.
Mopinion costs from $329/month when paid monthly or $259/month when billed annually. The vendor also offers a 14-day free trial.
- Users can take full control of feedback data.
- Trigger metrics based on rules, such as mouse movement.
- Collect feedback across multiple channels.
- Difficult to duplicate feedback forms.
- Requires much time and effort to learn.
Featurebase is a product feedback software that collects and analyzes customer feedback for businesses. Customers can submit their input easily through various channels, including email, social media, and support tickets. They can also upvote, downvote, and comment on each other's input and quickly identify the most pressing issues and prioritize them for product development.
Businesses to create a custom feedback board that they can configure to display feedback based on a specific product or category. They can also tag feedback to denote urgency or its relation to a particular feature. The software uses AI algorithms to categorize feedback and identify trends, keeping customer comments organized and easier to track.
The software's analytics and reporting suite helps companies determine how often a feedback item appears, which products have the most feedback, and which features are the most popular. Teams can collaborate on feedback analysis and decision-making, and users can assign tasks and track progress from a central dashboard.
Integrations include platforms like Jira, Trello, and Slack. Paid plans start from $19/month, and a 10-day free trial is available.
- User voting and commenting adds a layer to feedback
- Feedback can be turned into initiatives teams can then prioritize
- Feedback boards are customizable to meet unique business needs
- Users may not want feedback to be public-facing
- Feedback isn't collected directly in the product
Best for its user microsurveys with real-time insights
14-day free trial
|From $89/month (billed annually)||Website|
Best for visually engaging surveys
Free plan available
Best for its customizable feedback surveys
14-day free trial + free plan available
Best for design prototype testing
15-day free trial
Best for product decisions
14-day free trial + free plan available
|Pricing upon request||Website|
Best for collecting and organizing feedback from multiple sources
Free demo available
|Pricing available upon request||Website|
Best for product roadmapping
15-day free trial
Best for bug reporting
15-day free trial
Best for building custom feedback forms
14-day free trial
Best for public suggestion boards
Featurebase offers a 10-day free trial upon sign-up without needing a credit card.
|Subscription plans start at $19 per month.||Website|
16. Canny - Put customer feedback and feature requests on a public voting board.
17. GetFeedback - Measure customers’ voices to provide excellent experiences.
18. Hotjar - Track user experience in real-time to get qualitative and quantitative feedback.
19. Userback - Automate feedback lifecycle for products to improve improvement developments.
20. UserTesting - Create, launch, and manage various tests to collect feedback and gain engagement levels and marketing campaign reach.
21. Appzi - Identify products or services to provide or improve.
22. Doorbell - Get automatically generated screenshots to understand what customers are experiencing.
23. Conflux - Send feedback through an emotion analysis engine to identify customer satisfaction levels.
24. SurveyMonkey Enterprise - Confidently collect actionable feedback to make a significant business impact by using AI.
25. Momentive - Identify how your teams can enhance your product with agile insights.
26. Simplesat - Ask questions at the right time to get vital improvement feedback from customers.
27. Wonderflow - Use AI to analyze product feedback and develop winning solutions.
28. Zendesk - Capture and leverage customer feedback to identify customer complaints and pain point trends.
29. Intercom - Use unifying data and systems to create dialogues with the customer and make the most of every opportunity.
Selection Criteria For Product Feedback Software
When selecting the software for this list, I researched and compared all the popular tools according to user reviews and ratings. Then, leaning on my years of experience in product management, I filtered only those with the following core functionality.
- Feedback Collection and Aggregation: The software should provide a mechanism for systematically collecting feedback from users and stakeholders.
- Feedback Analysis and Prioritization: The software should offer tools for analyzing and categorizing feedback.
- Communication and Collaboration: It should enable discussions around specific feedback items.
Once the software complied with the core functionality of a product feedback tool, I looked at the key features to weigh tools against one another.
- Feedback Management: The best product feedback software should allow users to import all existing imports from their current systems after integrating them. Feedback management helps you to aggregate all of your customer data feedback, analytics, and product priorities into one location that all of your teams can access and identify trends and customer needs.
- Customer Feedback Automation: This feature can help your business use feedback responses from your customers to implement automated marketing e-mails or internal team notifications.
- Survey Tools: After a specific amount of time after your customer signs up with your company or makes a purchase, your feedback platform should follow up and send a request to ask them some questions. These questions can be about their experience and whether they have any suggestions to improve your product.
- Net Promoter Score (NPS): After collecting the survey results from your customers, an excellent feedback platform should provide users with satisfaction and loyalty measurements. This information provides your product teams with data to analyze and an explanation of your users’ ratings.
- Sentiment Analysis: This feature allows users to build a sentiment analysis model with the need to know how to code or understand machine learning. After gathering your product reviews, you can upload the data to the platform, which will then analyze the information and display the results in great detail.
- Communications Tools: It’s essential to pick feedback software that includes communication tools for users. This feature can allow your customer service teams to follow up with customers who take the time to provide their feedback.
- Multi-Channel Support: Feedback tools that are flexible and offer your customers multi-channel support on various communication platforms are crucial. This feature can help you efficiently respond to customers through the channels they prefer.
User Interface (UI)
I look for an interface that’s consistent, clear, and easy to navigate as soon as you start using the software. It should have a clean layout accessible to as many users as possible, including those with color blindness, low vision, situational disabilities, and hearing impairments.
I look for software that’s easy to use and provides you with the features and functionality you need to collect and interpret as much customer feedback as possible. I also look for a platform that you should be able to figure out how to use without any hassles.
I look for product feedback software that can integrate with popular business tools, such as Google Analytics, Salesforce, Slack, Hubspot, Jira, and Trello. This integration will make getting started with new software more accessible and useable with your current systems and help you avoid headaches.
I look for cost-effective software when you compare it to the features it provides that are most useful for your business. It should provide a free trial to allow you to see whether it meets your needs, so you can determine if you’ll get the value for your budget before spending it.
Product Feedback Software FAQs
How do you get product feedback from users?
There are many ways to collect product feedback. These can include:
- Interviews that can include in-person sessions, surveys and focus groups
- Product prototypes
- A/B testing to test hypotheses
- In-app feedback forms
- Email responses
- Social listening
Well, that’s all, folks! With these options, you should be able to find customer feedback software that’s going to be an excellent match for your business. Remember that all the information in the world is not good enough if you are not gathering meaningful user feedback.
Your progress is essential in an increasingly competitive market where brands are now competing on customer experiences. So, it’s now more crucial than ever to consider feedback software when developing your customer feedback loop strategy.
If you enjoyed this article and want to learn more from expert product managers, you should sign up for our newsletter. Here, you’ll learn about the latest in product management trends and tools to help improve your business.