Finding the best product marketing tools can be overwhelming. There are hundreds of tools to choose from and, since most of them help you achieve similar things, it can be difficult to tell which is better.
Read my product marketing tool review to discover the best marketing tools you can use for each marketing task, along with an explanation of what convinced me to choose these particular tools over their competitors.
I include a quick description of each marketing software, screenshots, and a comparison chart that should help you determine which solution is right for your marketing needs.
The Best Product Marketing Tools List
Here’s the list of the best product marketing software solutions that I’ll cover in this article.
- monday.com – Best for marketing planning
- Hubspot – Best for small businesses
- Referrizer – Best for product referral marketing
- INBOX – Best for email marketing
- Omnisend – Best for marketing automation
- Mailchimp – Best for email marketing starters
- Amplitude – Best for customer acquisition analysis
- BrandMaker – Best for simple campaign management
- Crayon – Best for competitor analysis
- Amazon AMS – Best for Amazon product marketing
What do I look for when I select the best product marketing tools? Here’s a summary of my evaluation criteria:
- User Interface (UI): I look for tools that have simple, intuitive layouts. Your team should be able to find basic features with minimal training, and they should be able to perform their task in a timely manner.
- Usability: I look for software that’s easy to understand and use. Novice and veteran marketers should be able to use most of the software’s features after going through the onboarding process or a short series of tutorials.
- Integrations: I look for tools that offer integrations with popular chat, conferencing, or project management tools, such as Slack, Zoom, Trello, and others.
- Value for $: I look for software that offers a good variety of features in order to provide great value for money.
Product Marketing Software: Key Features
- Marketing automation: Automating your marketing processes also helps you dedicate the human resource to other areas.
- Research & analysis: Product marketing software should help you capture, analyze, and interpret user data in order to improve your marketing efforts.
- Customer communication: Product marketing tools should facilitate and record the conversations you have with your potential customers, so you can use the data to improve your product and marketing efforts.
- Collaboration: A good product marketing tool should enable your team to centralize tasks, create and review different processes or flows, and collaborate with ease.
- Asset creation and management: You can’t run a marketing campaign without scroll-stopping assets. Your product marketing tool should help you prototype, design, create, and optimize assets.
- Planning and scheduling: Planning and scheduling your marketing efforts are important. Your product management tool should enable your team to plan and schedule your marketing activities.
Overviews Of The 10 Best Product Marketing Tools
Here’s a brief description of each product marketing solution to showcase each tool’s best use case, some noteworthy features, and screenshots to give you a snapshot of the interface.
1. monday.com – Best for marketing pipeline planning
monday.com is a free project and task management tool that helps product marketing teams create and manage campaign workflows. One of the things I like most about monday.com is that it comes with easy-to-use templates you can use to create projects. This feature can be a huge time-saver, especially if you’re overseeing multiple product marketing campaigns at the same time.
With monday.com, you can share dashboards with non-members without having to create additional accounts, plus you can control what that person can or cannot do. This feature can be very helpful for product marketing teams that rely on freelancers to complete their projects.
I believe that monday.com is the best software for marketing planning because it enables users to organize tasks, set permissions, and share information with their team members with a few clicks. Creating complete workflows or collaborative to-do lists is simple, and you can set goals and track their progress with ease.
monday.com is free for up to 2 users and some feature limitations. Paid plans cost from $11/user/month and come with a 14-day free trial.
2. Hubspot – Best for small businesses
Hubspot impresses with its easy-to-navigate user interface. The software has a clear layout that enables marketers to use all of its features with minimal training, which makes it perfect for small businesses with minimal resources.
This software helps you understand your customers better, plan and execute marketing campaigns targeting different buyer personas, and collect relevant data about your customers. You can create landing pages, squeeze pages, or email campaigns from scratch or using templates.
One of the highlights of this app is that it offers a straightforward view of all your prospects, leads, and existing customers. You can see at a glance the marketing pipelines that drive prospects to take action, which of the prospects you should reach out to, and when to contact them.
Hubspot Marketing Hub has a ton of free tools you can access. Paid plans start at $50/month for up to 1000 marketing contacts.
3. Referrizer – Best for product referral marketing
Referrizer is a great tool for small and medium-sized companies that want to attract customers through referral marketing. Referrizer can help you capture new contact data via free wifi services offered at your location, which helps local businesses engage with new prospects, re-engage with previous clients, and run effective loyalty and referral programs.
Referrizer lets you send custom offers to your leads via email or text. They enable you to encourage your customers to recommend your business and leave reviews on various platforms, including social media. You can also partner with other local businesses to trade referrals.
Referrizer costs from $239/month plus a one-time $499 setup fee. The software also offers a free version with limited functionalities.
4. INBOX – Best for email marketing
INBOX is an email marketing tool that can help businesses of all sizes improve their marketing email deliverability and open rates. The software enables you to create email campaigns that are compliant with GDPR and CASL regulations. They offer a drag-and-drop email newsletter builder for no-code campaign creation. However, you can also design templates from scratch.
There are a lot of email marketing tools out there, but I believe INBOX is the best one because it offers superior deliverability rates and customer support service. INBOX enables marketers to manage multiple brands with a single account, which can be very useful for marketing teams. In addition, the software comes with well-designed templates to help you draft different types of email campaigns.
INBOX costs from $5/month. The software also offers a free lifetime version for businesses with subscriber lists that do not exceed 500 contacts.
5. Omnisend – Best for marketing automation
Omnisend is a marketing automation platform that helps product marketers save time when running omnichannel campaigns. The platform is especially useful for ecommerce businesses and those that use webinars or other video content to qualify their leads. I chose Omnisend as the best software for product marketing automation because its workflows and automation features are easy to set up and manage.
Omnisend’s automation features enable you to segment your lists and create touchpoints in your customer journey with email, Facebook Messenger, and SMS marketing campaigns. On top of that, the platform also offers useful lead generation forms that can boost your lead capture rates.
One of Omnisend’s features I like the most is their “Product Picker.” This feature enables you to select a product from your ecommerce store and automatically insert it into your newsletter. This can be a huge time-saver because you no longer have to manually add product images and descriptions.
Omnisend costs from $16/month for businesses with contact lists of up to 500 people. The platform also offers a free version for businesses with lists of up to 250 people.
6. Mailchimp – Best scalability for SMBs
Mailchimp added a lot of features in the last few years, so the platform is not just an email marketing platform any longer. However, even though the new features can help marketing teams create entire campaigns, the platform excels at only one thing – email marketing.
Mailchimp has a modern layout and offers a good UI experience. The platform is easy to set up and doesn’t require any coding proficiency to create a landing page or a complex email marketing campaign. Thanks to its variety of email templates and its reports feature, Mailchimp is friendly toward email marketing novices.
I believe that Mailchimp is a great choice for SMBs or for marketers who are just dipping their toes into email marketing because it offers a lot of features for free. It scales upwards from there with concise and transparent pricing plans, making it easy to pay for only what you need and use as you grow.
Mailchimp costs from $9/month for businesses with lists of up to 500 contacts. The software offers a free, limited version for lists of up to 2,000 contacts.
7. Amplitude – Best for customer acquisition analysis
Amplitude is a product marketing tool that centralizes all your customer and product data and organizes it in helpful reports. This software is one of the best marketing analytics tools out there and it complements the work you do in Google Analytics.
With Amplitude, you can dig deep to gather helpful product and marketing metrics, such as cohort analysis, user lifecycle, retention analysis, conversion rates, and revenue reports.
Amplitude is, at its core, an analytics tool. This means that you will have to learn how to navigate it in order to use all of its functions to their full potential. However, Amplitude’s documentation is excellent and easily accessible. In addition, Amplitude’s API integrates with a lot of marketing solutions, so it’s easy to incorporate the analytics tool in your software ecosystem.
I chose Amplitude as the best software for customer acquisition analysis because it excels at gathering data about your leads and existing users. The software is great for organizations of all sizes that want to understand how their customers interact and use their products.
Amplitude offers customized pricing upon request. The software offers a free version that includes core analytics.
8. BrandMaker – Best marketing digital asset management (DAM)
BrandMaker is a product management software that enables marketers to plan and manage digital marketing campaigns.
BrandMaker is a great alternative for product marketers who juggle two or three platforms to keep track of their marketing assets, plan marketing campaigns, and oversee customer engagement data on social media. The platform enables you to manage all your marketing materials and assets in a single platform, which can be a huge time saver.
One of BrandMaker’s features I like the most is their approach to global digital asset management (DAM). Their tool, along with workflow and campaign tools, offers a dedicated DAM system with asset control, brand compliance, and metadata tagging features. This is hugely helpful to product marketers who need to distribute photo or image assets to different partners and tightly control the asset proofing/approval stages.
BrandMaker offers customized pricing upon request. You can schedule a personal demo to see how the tool can benefit your organization.
9. Crayon – Best for competitor analysis
Crayon enables product marketing teams to gather insights from publicly available resources so they can track what their competitors are doing.
This tool sends you notifications when your competitors change their websites. The software shows you side-by-side comparisons of your rival’s website before and after they make edits, so you can update your marketing strategy accordingly.
Crayon is a robust tool, and there’s a lot you can do with it. But the software excels at gathering competitor data that’s relevant to your business. The software offers a great intel feed and its battlecard feature is very helpful.
I chose Crayon as the best tool for competitor analysis because it can help your team save dozens of hours of manual work each month. Crayon offers a clear overview of your competitors’ digital footprint, which can be extremely valuable for product marketing teams.
Crayon offers customized pricing upon request. You can schedule a personalized demo to see how the software can help your organization.
10. Amazon AMS – Best for Amazon product marketing
Amazon AMS has a simple setup process. The platform offers a wide range of exciting features that enable digital marketing teams to oversee campaigns, compare the performance of past and present campaigns, and manage their budgets.
Amazon AMS does a great job at pulling data and organizing it in real-time analytics reports, so it can help your product team gather customer behavior data. But the software excels at ad management.
This software is great for marketing teams that want to run PPC campaigns in order to promote their products on Amazon. The software can drastically improve your ability to reach a new target audience with your ads, and it enables you to display large banners to increase your brand awareness.
Amazon AMS costs from $0.99 per unit sold for Individual plans and $39.99 per month for Professional plans.
Need expert help selecting the right Product Management Software?
We’ve secured a partnership with the software comparison platform Crozdesk.com to assist you in finding the right software. Crozdesk’s Product Management Software advisors can create a personalized shortlist of software solutions with unbiased recommendations to help you identify the solutions that best suit your business’s needs. Through our partnership you get free access to their bespoke software selection advice, removing both time and hassle from the research process.
It only takes a minute to submit your requirements and they will give you a quick call at no cost or commitment. Based on your needs you’ll receive customized software shortlists listing the best-fitting solutions from their team of software advisors (via phone or email). They can even connect you with your selected vendor choices along with community negotiated discounts. To get started, please complete the form below:
Here are a few more product marketing platforms that didn’t make the top list.
- Wrike – Project and work management platform with a dedicated marketing and sales suite plus marketing planning templates. Free plan available.
- ClickUp – Collaboration and project management platform that comes with tools and templates that are perfect for small businesses and freelancers. Free plan available
- Hive9 – Marketing performance management solution that enables teams to measure the impact of their work, track the activity of website visitors, and monitor their budgets. Demo available upon request
- ActiveCampaign – All-in-one digital marketing software that excels at building landing pages and automating marketing campaigns. Free trial available
- NiceJob – Reputation marketing platform that automates the process of encouraging customers to leave reviews on different platforms, including social media. Free trial available
- Attentive – Text message marketing solution that helps product marketing professionals connect with their target audience via SMS marketing. Demo available upon request
- Salesforce – A popular customer relationship management (CRM) platform that helps your team accelerate sales, automate tasks, and understand customer behavior. Free trial available
- SharpSpring – Flexible revenue growth platform for SaaS businesses with dedicated marketing, sales, and automation features. Demo available upon request
- Terminus – Account-based marketing (ABM) platform that helps marketing professionals get customer feedback and keep in touch with their audience via several digital channels. Demo available upon request
- Drip – Email and SMS marketing automation platform with a great interface and customizable pre-built workflows. Free trial available
- Blueshift – Consumer data platform with efficient omnichannel engagement features. Demo available upon request
- Ascent360 – Consumer data platform with helpful automation and segmentation features. Free trial available
- Freshmarketer – Conversion optimization solution with powerful funnel-building, heatmaps, and A/B testing features. Free plan available
- Constant Contact – All-in-one digital marketing software with good email building and analytics features. Free trial available
- Asana – Project management platform with great productivity, content marketing, and communication features. Free plan available
- ResellerRatings – Reputation marketing platform with helpful automation and review moderation features. Demo available upon request
- Fullstory – Digital experience platform with rich analytics and collaboration features. Free plan available.
- GetSocial – Content performance analytics platform that helps with customer acquisition, engagement, and retention. Free trial available
- Costpitch – Brand-to-Customer engagement platform with good customer retention and messaging features. Free signup
- LeadsRabbit – Sales and lead generation software with efficient automation and email scraping features.
- AHREFS – Backlinks and SEO analysis platform with great competitor research, keyword research, content research, and link-building capabilities.
Related Read: 10 Best Free Product Analytics Tools For 2022
What are marketing tools?
Marketing tools are essential software for companies that want to develop and promote products. They help businesses of all sizes plan, execute, and track marketing activities in order to achieve their objectives.
What is your experience with product marketing tools?
What do you think of the product marketing tools I included on this list? Which one is your favorite? Let me know if I missed a good one in the comment section. For more thoughts on product marketing from top thinkers in the niche, sign up for The Product Manager newsletter.
If you’re interested in product marketing, you might also want to read more about the 10 Best Product Management Roadmap Tools For 2022.
Related Podcast: How To Reduce NLP Model Biases For Better Text Analysis