Prioritization enables you to organize your release roadmap and focus on features that have a significant impact on customer value, helping you move toward your business goals. And while a feature prioritization framework helps you identify the right development opportunities, prioritization software helps you collect qualitative and quantitative user insights so you can make data-driven decisions.
Product prioritization tools eliminate guesswork and simplify your decision-making. They allow you to put customer satisfaction at the center of your product development while helping you deliver your work on time and present it to stakeholders.
Read my review to discover the best product prioritization software you can use in 2023. The review features a short description and a screenshot of each tool, and a comparison chart so you can identify the right tool for your development team at a glance.
What do I look for when I select the best product prioritization system? Here’s a summary of my evaluation criteria:
- User Interface (UI): Launching new features is difficult, but the tools you use to do it shouldn’t be. I look for solutions that have a clean user interface, so your team members can easily find the right functionalities and go back to what matters most - making a great product.
- Usability: All the prioritization tools I selected fall into two categories - they’re either specially designed to serve product teams or they’re highly customizable, allowing you to create a custom solution that’s tailored to your needs. They’re easy to use and should make the prioritization process a breeze.
- Integrations: I chose tools that integrate with all the popular product development and prototyping platforms, so you can integrate them into your software ecosystem.
- Value for $: I selected tools that help you plan and prioritize new features from A to Z regardless of the prioritization method, so you can get the most out of your investment.
Product Prioritization Key Features
Here are some of the most important features when selecting a product prioritization solution.
- Project and workflow planning: You can’t prioritize tasks if you don’t plan them first. The software should enable you to plan out your projects and workflows with ease.
- Task tracking: Project managers should always stay on top of tasks so they can identify bottlenecks and allocate the right resources to overcome potential roadblocks.
- Communication and collaboration: Teamwork helps you prioritize tasks and deliver them within deadlines. The app should enable your team members to communicate and collaborate in order to complete tasks.
- Customization: Your team’s projects might differ in scope and workflow. The solution should help you customize your approach by creating subtasks and dependencies, and enable you to create templates so you can save time on similar future projects.
- Backlogs: Organizing your deliverables helps you prioritize your initiatives. The tool should allow you to create release, sprint, and product backlogs so you can set expectations and meet your product goals.
The Product Manager is reader-supported. We may earn a commission when you click through links on our site — learn more about how we aim to stay transparent.
Overviews Of The 10 Best Product Prioritization Software
Here’s a brief description of each product prioritization platform to showcase each tool’s best use case, some noteworthy features, and screenshots to give a snapshot of the user interface.
Reveall is a product prioritization software that allows users to easily collect customer feedback and take actionable steps to increase customer satisfaction. It uses sentiment analysis algorithms and AI-powered technology to score the latest customer feedback and provide insights into customers' desired features. This helps users understand their products’ priorities at a glance, so they can make informed decisions on where they should focus their energies.
Reveall provides users with an organized visual interface that displays customer feedback and data in one place. Users can also view interactive graphs and charts that help them visualize trends and identify areas for improvement. The platform works for product development teams of any size, as it is designed to scale up as needed to accommodate larger amounts of data. Thanks to its easy-to-understand visualizations, product managers can quickly digest data points and act upon them accordingly without needing specialized technical knowledge or advanced training.
Reveall provides detailed insights into customer preferences across multiple dimensions, including market size and competitive landscape. This allows teams to better understand how customers use their products and helps them make more informed decisions about which features should be prioritized in future releases. Reveall also includes a variety of analytics tools that help users monitor customer satisfaction over time, so they can see how changes in their product affect customer opinion.
You can integrate Reveall with many other popular programs by accessing their Zapier integration.
Reveall costs from €249/month and offers a 14-day free trial.
Scoro is a work management software that helps organizations structure their workload and prioritize tasks based on their importance. The tool is flexible, allowing you to load pre-made templates and tailor them to your company’s needs.
With Scoro, you can assign due dates to tasks and prioritize them based on importance and weighted scoring. The solution offers project managers an overview of their team’s work so they can easily identify roadblocks and reassign resources to overcome them.
Scoro integrates with hundreds of tools, including Jira, GitHub, Zapier, Slack, Asana, GravityForms, and Salesforce.
Scoro costs from $26/5 users/month. The software offers a free 14-day trial.
Pendo is a product experience software that enables teams to build transparent roadmaps they can update in real-time as priorities and resources change. The tool helps you understand how your users navigate your solution and collect customer feedback through polls.
The software’s roadmapping tool allows you to link product feedback to features and assign them different values based on various criteria. This helps you present your initiatives to team members and stakeholders who can then vote on which items to focus on based on their associated values and long-term potential.
Pendo integrates with multiple solutions, including Jira, BigQuery, Intercom, LogRocket, LaunchDarkly, and Candu.
Pendo offers custom pricing upon request. The software offers a free-forever version with limited capabilities.
ProductPlan is a flexible product management tool that helps you build roadmaps without effort. The software allows you to plan and delegate all the activities you include in the product roadmap and rely on user stories to prioritize features. ProductPlan’s filtering and tagging capabilities, along with its ability to link items and create dependencies, help you create detailed roadmaps, allocate resources, and navigate bottlenecks.
This solution’s straightforward layout and navigation make it easy to share ideas with teammates and create an inclusive prioritization process. Thanks to the software’s template library, you can build roadmaps and leverage customer insights to prioritize tasks without difficulty.
ProductPlan integrates with multiple solutions, including GitHub, Azure DevOps, Trello, Jira, Pivotal Tracker, Microsoft Teams, and Zapier.
ProductPlan costs from $39/editor/month. The software offers a free 14-day trial.
Productboard is a product management platform that helps businesses understand what their customers want so they can speed up their time to market and deliver superior customer experiences. The solution gives project managers the ability to organize their unstructured feedback and link customer insights to features in order to prioritize releases.
Productboard enables product developers to create multiple roadmaps for different audiences and use feedback when defining their features. This helps dev teams prioritize their work based on customer scoring.
Productboard integrates with dozens of apps, including Intercom, Microsoft Teams, Slack, FullStory, Pivotal Tracker, Zapier, GitHub, Azure DevOps, and Jira.
Productboard costs from $20/user/month. The software offers a free 15-day trial.
Instagantt is a project management software that enables you to use adjustable Gantt charts to plan, schedule, manage, and visualize your workload. The platform comes with a drag-and-drop editor you can use to create tasks, subtasks, dependencies, and milestones.
This software stands out thanks to its simple design and functionality. With Instagantt, it’s easy to create a roadmap, gain a granular view of your tasks and workload, and prioritize features based on custom criteria. You can determine critical paths, create baselines, and reallocate resources as necessary. The solution allows you and your team to communicate and collaborate on tasks so you can deliver your work on time.
Instagantt integrates with Asana.
Instagantt costs from $5/user/month. The software offers a free 7-day trial.
ProdPad is a modular project management software that helps you build and execute your product roadmap. The solution saves developers time by integrating with their favorite platforms and creating visual representations of their data so they can make informed decisions.
ProdPad stands out thanks to its simple interface. The app is not chaotic and the layout helps you oversee multiple projects or workflows at once without difficulty. You can add items and goals, organize them as you see fit, and prioritize your tasks in a nifty “impact vs effort” chart.
ProdPad integrates with dozens of apps, including Azure DevOps, GitHub, Jira, Rally, Salesforce, and Slack.
ProdPad costs from $60/user/month. The software offers separate pricing for each module and a free trial for up to 30 days.
Aha! is a product development software that helps product builders create solutions based on customer needs. The platform enables you to crowdsource feedback, analyze user trends, turn your insights into actionable strategies and execute on them using kanban, scrum, or hybrid methodologies.
Aha! offers so many tools and features that it’s almost overwhelming. However, the platform’s clean interface and simple navigation make project management a breeze. With Aha!, you can align your internal strategic goals with consumer ideas and feature requests, and bring everything together in whiteboards that encourage collaboration. The product value scorecard enables you to assign points to each feature based on your goals and desired customer experience, so you can eliminate biases and prioritize features that increase business value.
Aha! integrates with dozens of tools, including Azure DevOps, Jira, Redmine, GitLab, GitHub, Bugzilla, Zapier, and Google Analytics.
Aha costs from $59/user/month. The software offers a free 30-day trial.
Roadmunk is a cloud-based project management system that helps product teams build customer-driven roadmaps. The platform allows you to collect customer feedback and collaborate to prioritize feature releases. With a flexible build, the tool helps you tailor your roadmaps to any audience.
While this app does a lot of things right, it excels at collecting and organizing user feedback. The user portal makes it easy for your existing customers to share their ideas so you can gain insights on how to improve your product and prioritize tasks accordingly. The software enables project managers to mark milestones and create different types of views for certain audiences, such as internal teams or stakeholders.
Roadmunk integrates with multiple apps through a GraphQL API and offers native integrations with Azure DevOps and Jira.
Roadmunk costs from $19/user/month. The software offers a free 14-day trial.
monday.com is an open platform that creates a central location for your development and collaboration tools. The software is highly customizable, allowing you to create a personalized product development process that’s unique to your product strategy.
With monday.com, you can create product roadmaps, plan and manage sprints, and leverage automation to increase your efficiency and reduce your time to market. The platform offers hundreds of templates you can choose from, some of them dedicated to developers. You can prioritize tasks, create dependencies, and stay on top of your team’s progress with real-time notifications.
monday.com integrates with hundreds of apps, including Microsoft Teams, Slack, Jira, GitLab, GitHub, Trello, and Asana.
monday.com costs from $10/user/month. The software also offers a free 14-day trial and a free-forever version with limited functionalities.
The 10 Best Product Prioritization Software Summary
14-day free trial
|From €249/month||Visit Website|
14-day free trial
|From $28/user/month||Visit Website|
Free version available
|From $7,000/year||Visit Website|
14-day free trial
|From $39/user/month||Visit Website|
15-day free trial
|From $25/user/month||Visit Website|
7-day free trial available
7-30 day free trial
|From $25/user/month||Visit Website|
30-day free trial
|From $59/user/month||Visit Website|
14 days free trial
|From $19/3 users/month||Visit Website|
14-day free trial + freemium plan available
|From $10/user/month||Visit Website|
Here are a few more that didn’t make the top list.
- Airfocus - Modular product management platform that allows you to plan your work and prioritize features based on customer feedback.
- Ziflow - Collaboration platform that helps you speed up your time to market with automation.
- Asana - Work management solution that enables project managers to create product roadmaps, track milestones, and allocate resources where they’re needed.
- Confluence - Work management software that helps your team plan ahead and collaborate to identify the best initiatives.
- Zoho Sprints - Agile project management solution that allows your team to adopt an iterative approach for their work.
- Project.co - Project management tool that helps your team analyze customer feedback and release features people love.
- StoriesOnBoard - Product management software that speeds up your release process with templates based on prioritization frameworks.
- Notion - Flexible project management solution that helps you take your feature from ideation to release through detailed roadmaps and collaboration.
- Canny - Product management tool that enables your team to collect, organize and analyze customer feedback in order to prioritize releases.
- YouTrack - Agile project management solution that helps you plan and track your workflows with customizable Kanban boards.
- Thryv - End-to-end project management software that helps you keep your work on track with milestones and task dependencies.
- Karbon - Collaborative project management platform that enables you to create automated workflows with detailed action plans and custom templates.
Launch better features with product prioritization tools
Product prioritization software helps you launch features that delight your customers and increase your business value. Without prioritization, you risk launching unnecessary features that don’t have a positive impact on your users. As Steve Cochran, Chief Technology Officer at ConnectWise, said:
“In most businesses, you have a starting line and an end goal, with various steps in between. Without a prioritization scheme, it’s almost impossible to get those steps done and reach the end goal in a timely manner, devoid of issues. Rather than prioritizing projects based on how quickly you can start them, organize your teams to coincide with the company’s actual needs to prevent focusing on short-term items only. Make sure the priority scheme is clearly defined and visible to everybody; otherwise, you risk sub-optimizing your resources based on the individual product missions, derailing your overall road map in the process.”
Subscribe to the Product Manager newsletter to receive tips on how to launch amazing products directly in your inbox.