Creating an excellent website experience is essential if your business sells products online. Poor user experiences or frustrating customer journeys can harm your conversion rate and revenue. Identifying issues that are causing challenges to your site, such as unclear calls to action (CTA), a confusing website design, or broken page elements, can be challenging.
That’s where session replay software comes in to save the day. Session replay, a.k.a. session recording, is a recreation of your web visitor’s activity on your site. With the help of your website’s DOM (Document Object Model) and capturing everything that happens on it, session replay becomes a reproduction of every interaction your users have with your site. These interactions include scrolls, clicks, mouse movements, and other dynamic changes. There are various session replay tools for you to pick from, but I want to help make this easy on you. For that reason, here’s a list to help you decide which software is the best choice for you.
What do I look for when I select the best session replay software? Here’s a summary of my evaluation criteria:
- User Interface (UI): I look for a tool to help you make the best use of session replays. An excellent session replay software allows users to filter and segment sessions easily by event criteria, making it possible for users to search for specific event sessions.
- Usability: I look for tools that are easy for your entire team to adapt to quickly and accept as a vital part of your customer research process.
- Integrations: I look for software that can integrate directly into your existing systems and processes efficiently. It’s also vital for this software to update automatically to ensure operability.
- Value for $: I look for the variables that can affect the pricing of these platforms. The most crucial factors include the number of team members who can access recordings, the number of sessions the platform records each month, and how many sessions you want to be able to replay.
Session Replay Software Key Features
- Filters: It’s almost impossible to conclude effectively from your recording sessions without the appropriate filters. Filters can help you organize session recordings based on multiple visitor inputs, such as traffic, device type, or date. It can also help you focus on one goal at a time.
- Speed and performance: These tools work on the backend of your website to capture data. Many are high-tech and have the latest proprietary software. This is why it’s vital to ensure the session replay tool you use is fast.
- Data retention: The more data a tool captures over time, the more insights it can generate for your business. It’s vital for these tools to retain this data for a period that matches your requirements.
- High-quality replays: It’s essential for a tool to render elements and changes to your website when replaying a session. This can reduce any discrepancies between what the replay shows you and what the website visitor actually did.
- Privacy: Using a session replay tool shouldn’t violate your site’s visitor’s privacy. Although these tools can collect valuable data on a visitor’s activity, they shouldn’t include personal, identifiable information.
- Quantitative analysis: This feature can tell you what’s going on when users visit your site by looking at aggregate trends. Accessing this data can help you evaluate your website or application’s performance and understand the effect of any changes you make.
- Alerts and notifications: If analyzing specific traffic segments on your site is important, having a tool that sends you alerts and notifications about these segments is vital.
- Site-wide recording: It can be crucial to understand how visitors move through the pages on your website when analyzing behavior. A good tool can let you watch a user’s complete journey as they click through the various parts of your website.
- Keyboard stroke recording: Seeing what your visitors are typing can be helpful. For example, you might wish to understand why they’re typing into your site’s search bar. Tools with this feature can show you what a user types in a search bar or other fields while anonymizing personal data.
- Adjustable replay speed: Watching replays can be time-consuming when multiple users make more extensive visits over several pages. A session replay software can let you adjust the replay speed to help you get the insights you require quicker.
The Product Manager is reader-supported. We may earn a commission when you click through links on our site — learn more about how we aim to stay transparent.
Overviews Of The 10 Best Session Replay Software Solution
Here’s a brief description of each session replay platform to showcase each tool’s best use case, some noteworthy features, and screenshots to give a snapshot of the user interface.
Dynatrace’s platform provides real-time insight into your application stack to help you optimize your visitor’s experiences. The platform supports software companies and helps visualize application data so users can determine where the issues are, what challenges can arise, and what to fix. You can get a broad view of your application’s environment with various data points, such as logs, metrics, and traces.
Dynatrace provides businesses with custom artificial intelligence (AI) to give you precise answers. It analyzes everything by looking through your IT environment’s dependencies and relationships. This information can support your development team to fix difficulties immediately and support integration with various CI/CD tools.
Dynatrace’s open API allows you to implement the platform’s data into your current software ecosystem. You can use the API in third-party systems, such as Salesforce, GitLab, Slack, and Microsoft Teams.
Dynatrace costs from $11/month and provides a 15-day free trial.
FullStory is a digital experience intelligence (DXI) platform that combines full session detail, rich product analytics, and collaboration tools. The features of this software deliver real-time insights that can help you identify opportunities on your website. You can also discover issues that are affecting your revenue and understand how many users it affects. With this information, you can make smarter digital decisions according to the user experience data FullStory provides.
FullStory integrates with various third-party software, such as Salesforce, Bugsnag, BigCommerce, and Zendesk.
FullStory offers customized pricing upon request. The platform also offers a 14-day free trial.
Datadog provides security, monitoring, and analytics platform for IT operations teams, developers, business users, and security engineers. It also helps businesses reduce time to issue resolutions, secure applications’ infrastructure, and understand user behavior. Organizations across a wide variety of industries and sizes use the platform to enable cloud migration and digital transformation.
Datadog’s platform helps users organize session replays according to specific issues the error tracking feature detects. Thanks to the simple interface, your teams can share these replays among team members. This allows teams to troubleshoot and debug workflows by understanding what’s happening during users’ actions in the context of these errors. Datadog allows businesses to uncover the impact these errors can have on your application’s UX.
Datadog integrates with more than 500 applications, including Bitbucket, Salesforce Desk, Gitlab, Jira, and Slack.
Datadog costs from $15/host/month and offers a 14-day free trial.
Businesses of all types can use Lucky Orange to understand what to do to increase website conversions. The real-time dashboard analytics lets you see how many visitors are coming to your site at any moment and know how they arrived. Your teams in charge of customer experience can see where visitors abandon various processes, such as creating new accounts or trying to check out during a purchase. They can use this information to identify pain points to improve.
Lucky Orange’s dynamic heatmaps allow you to see everything your website visitors are doing and why they’re not converting. This helps you see where people are scrolling and clicking on your site and see where visitors are engaging the most. The scroll heatmap in Lucky Orange lets you see if visitors are scrolling far enough on your web page to see your calls to action (CTA) or if they’re leaving the site before you get the chance to convert them.
Lucky Orange integrates with the tools you’re already using, such as BigCommerce, HubSpot, Google Analytics, and HubSpot.
Lucky Orange costs from $18/month when billed monthly or $14/month when billed annually. They also offer a 7-day free trial and a free subscription level.
SessionStack provides engineering, product management, and customer success teams with helpful UX insights and tools. The platform helps minimize your time and effort to understand your customer’s digital experience and the difficulties they might experience. You can track down issues that occur with specific users, devices, environments, and product releases. SessionStack can also send you a notification regarding errors before your users have a chance to experience them.
SessionStack allows your support team to co-browse and collaborate with your users in real-time to ensure they have a successful experience. Your teams can do this without the user saying a word. The platform is lightweight, which means it doesn’t affect your app’s look and feel to users while still capturing all interactions. You can implement SessionStack with a single snippet in your app to give your team complete control of recordings.
SessionStack integrates with the systems you might be using through an open API. You can use the platform in third-party applications like Sentry, Zendesk, Stackpile, and Intercom.
SessionStack costs from $99/month when using the platform in the cloud. SessionStack offers customized pricing upon request if you’re implementing the software on-premises. They do offer a free trial.
Session Rewind helps eCommerce stores, SaaS platforms, and consumer websites see what happens when a user visits. It provides you with heatmaps and analytics to enhance your processes and conversion rates. The platform can help you and your teams make the best product decisions.
Session Rewind’s replays are much higher resolution than most session replay software. This, along with the platform’s simple timeline, helps you understand when a visitor is active and changes pages. The simple search and filter capabilities enable you to find replay sessions according to clicks, page views, and checkouts, and you can also create custom interactions.
Session Rewind costs from $14/month and offers a free subscription.
Developers who need an open-source solution to monitor their application’s performance and manage data can use OpenReplay. The platform helps businesses understand every issue in their applications as if it’s happening in their browsers. You can use this software to monitor your application, see what’s working and what isn’t, and assist your visitors.
You can self-host OpenReplay’s session replay suite and keep customer data in your business’s infrastructure. This means you and your teams have full control over everything the platform captures. This also saves you time from having to go through lengthy security and compliance checks. OpenReplay offers cloud hosting solutions to help you get started fast if you aren’t a fan of self-hosting.
OpenReplay integrates with a handful of software, including CloudWatch, GitHub, Slack, Jira, and Segment.
OpenReplay offers customized pricing for their self-hosted option for enterprise-level businesses, and they also provide a free option for startups. The cloud-hosted option costs from $3.95/month and offers a 14-day free trial.
LogRocket helps you track UX difficulties and see where to make any necessary changes to improve your site’s performance. The platform lets you see your visitors’ entire browsing journey and get the insights you need to track bugs, locate performance issues, and diagnose usability challenges. You can see all the vital details of your users’ sessions, such as keystrokes and mouse movements. The software also excludes sensitive data to protect your visitors’ privacy.
LogRocket integrates with multiple third-party software to provide you with a comprehensive view of your users’ experience, such as Optimizely, Intercom, Google Analytics, and Splunk.
LogRocket costs from $99/month for web applications and $199/month for mobile applications. Both versions offer a free subscription level and a 14-day trial for paid levels.
Fullview allows businesses to solve user challenges and develop better experiences faster by recording sessions. Your product and support teams can jump to errors and important events, watch only the relevant parts of a recording, and eliminate manual bug reports. You can instantly replay what the user did before submitting a support request to your teams.
Fullview allows you to see which customers are on your app and start a co-browsing session with them. During this time, you can guide them through your app in multiplayer mode. This allows you to highlight and click elements on their screen, creating an incredible experience.
Fullview integrates with Intercom but is working to implement other connections, such as Zendesk, Slack, and Jira.
Fullview costs from $40/month and offers a 14-day free trial.
Glassbox’s platform can help teams within your organization, from product management and IT to compliance and marketing. These teams can use the information from their Glassbox dashboard to understand their user’s challenges on their web and mobile apps, visualize the user’s journey and enhance each step. Glassbox can help you prioritize your customer’s experience and improve your digital products from one collaborative platform.
Glassbox provides AI-driven visualization and analytics tools. The tool ranks your session recordings with a “struggle score,” which highlights errors and bugs on your web and mobile apps. This score can help your organization’s product managers, DevOps, marketing, and support teams engage with the tool and collect insights from the data. These teams then use the data to make the necessary fixes and changes to enhance your customer’s digital journeys.
Glassbox provides native integrations to help you connect customer data systems through their platform. These integrations include Salesforce, Slack, and Google Analytics. Glassdoor also provides an open API.
Glassbox offers customized pricing upon request.
The 10 Best Session Replay Software Solution Summary
15 days free trial
|From $11/month||Visit Website|
14 Days Free Trial
|Pricing Upon Request||Visit Website|
14 days free trial
|From $15/user/month||Visit Website|
7 days free trial
|From $14/month||Visit Website|
Offer a free trial
|Pricing upon request||Visit Website|
Offers a free subscription
|From $14/month||Visit Website|
14 days free trial
|From $3.95/month||Visit Website|
14 Days Free Trial
14 days free trial
|From $40/month||Visit Website|
|Pricing upon request||Visit Website|
Here are a few more that didn’t make the top list.
- Contentsquare - Turn digital behaviors into intelligent recommendations to improve customer experience.
- Smartlook - Find the answer to the “whys” behind visitors’ behaviors.
- Mouseflow - Use six different heatmap types to discover what’s getting their attention on your website.
- Hotjar - Provides tools to help understand how ecommerce visitors are experiencing your site.
- Quantum Metric - Automatically quantifies the impact of every visitors’ interaction.
- Plerdy - Analyze various vital statistics to gain the maximum conversion level for your business.
- Auryc - Get expert customer experience analysis to gain in-depth insights about why customers are buying or aren’t.
- UserZoom - Empower your research, design, marketing, and product teams to create the experiences customers want.
- Crazy Egg - Use A/B testing to analyze different page variants and determine which converts more users.
What do you think about this list?
Using session replay can be the factor that determines whether your organization will be successful. As you might have noticed, there are lots of platforms for you to choose from and start implementing session replays. It’s important to choose the session replay software that best suits your requirements. You can do this by evaluating each tool against your selection criteria or the ones I gave you in this article.
Are you having a hard time staying up to date with the latest and greatest in product management? Do you ever find yourself wondering if there’s a newsletter you can sign up for? Well, you’re in luck. We have a newsletter that we send out each week with the top insights from various industry leaders. Click here to sign up.