We’re looking to build a long-term relationship with a writer experienced in product management. Someone with a love of writing and storytelling who is also passionate about, and experienced in, managing products and/or product teams.
You’ll be pitching, researching, and writing articles on The Product Manager, a forward-thinking publication and community for product managers who are driving the discussion about delivering products that make the world a better place.
We’re interested in working on a per-piece contract basis (not full-time salaried position). We’re flexible to accommodate thought leaders’ busy schedules. You could write one article per month, or one every other month, for example.
Topics we cover are:
- Product management best practices: how to do the practical side of product management, from roadmapping to prototyping to product launches
- Managing product teams: communication, leadership, and team management
- Product management technology: tool reviews and overviews, tutorials, and explanations showing how to use technology in product management
- Digital products: trends in digital products, the digital product industry, techniques for managing digital products
- Careers in product management: career and job information, career advice, career stories
You’re A Great Fit If You...
- Love writing about product management, ranging from the philosophical to the practical side of the profession. You love sharing knowledge and want to make a name for yourself as an expert in this niche. Product management is actually your thing. We’re looking for thought leaders (or thought leaders “to-be”) with experience in the field.
- Own your work—and want a platform to build an authentic relationship with a wide audience. We care deeply about our rapidly-growing audience and want to publish best-in-class content that they will absolutely love.
- Professional experience in product management: you’re a product manager, product team lead, product management director, VP of product, or similar role (3+years)
- English writing skills and a willingness to improve
- Adaptable voice and tone (we have a style guide to help)
- The ability to breathe life and inject humour into traditionally dry topics.
Nice To Haves
- Previous writing experience, either on a personal or company blog
- Experience writing SEO-friendly, long-form blog articles.
- This is not a typical “content marketing” copywriting job. Instead, we want you to become a strategic contributor to the publication, share your articles on social media, and contribute to the voice of the brand
- Article length: from 800 to 2,000+ words
- You’ll be working in tandem with a friendly, multi-disciplinary team experienced in content production, digital marketing, community building, and SEO
- You have the chance to work on interesting projects and have a byline on a trustworthy, reputable blog
- Flexible workload
- Flexible schedule
- No weekends
- Ongoing & long term work.
How To Apply
Sounds like your cup of tea? Excited to get writing, share your knowledge and build your brand?
Please use this form to apply.
Thanks in advance for your interest!